Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Alfredo Barba!!


Sonya and I were walking back from our local fruteria when we heard the squeal of teenage girls. We looked up and saw several dozens of autograph-seekers swarming a short kid with a baseball hat. A few boys were on the fringes, mocking the girls that had pushed them aside.
I asked one of them who the kid was.
"Alberto Barba," he said. "He's a dancer. Those girls are crazy, no?"
I assumed Barba was someone big and did a little Web research. No citations in the Google universe. I'll assume that like Miss Santa Cruz he is about to become a star.

By contrast, one of the few officially declared presidential candidates, Samuel Doria Medina, just walked into the bar I am sitting in right now. He only got one handshake and it was from a member of his staff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters