Friday, August 12, 2005

disculpenme

Apologies to our four regular readers for a dearth in posts. Classes started for real this week and I've learned that teaching is no joke. It's been taking me about six hours to prepare each 1.5-hour class and I've got five each week. My boss at UPSA initially said I'd be teaching one section of seniors and co-teaching a freshman class. My co-professor, after a meeting Wednesday, decided he wasn't interested in sharing a class and dumped the whole thing on me, so I had about 12 hours to begin preparing a curriculum. This happened at what is said to be one of the best universities in Bolivia.
About four of my 30 or so students want to be reporters. The rest are interested in corporate communications and various forms of public relations. Very few read newspapers. I threw my first of several regular news quizzes at them last night and they failed to answer many basic current affair questions...like naming the four presidential candidates. Most couldn't name even one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters