Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A humble apology...


from his Holiness Pat Robertson. The Bush friend and founder of the Christian Coalition, you see, got quite a bit of flack for asking the C.I.A. to "take out" popularly elected Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez -- a man Donald Rumsfeld recently accused of manipulating Bolivian elections.
The host of the "700 Club" was kind enough to sprinkle some cute equivocation into his contrition.

''I didn't say 'assassination.' I said our special forces should 'take him out,''' he explained to an Associated Press reporter. '''Take him out' could be a number of things including kidnapping.''
Duh.

3 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With all due respect, and I'm not lawyering you on this, what I'm sure he meant was to date him.

Dad

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger Alex said...

that was my reaction, too. "Dinner and a movie was what I meant. Dinner and a movie." ha ha what a fool....

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he wanted ato take him out to dinner? Happy Holiday MOM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters